My Goals

To share eco tips &
To discuss changes we can make.


Monday, April 21, 2008

Energy Efficient, Money Saving Incentives

If you check with your power & energy companies, they may be offering incentives that will save both energy and money. For instance, my gas company offers up to $200 off your bill if you purchase a "qualifying energy-efficient natural gas water heater or system.". They also mention that a lot of the vendors offer equivalent rebates if you use their products and services. On top of that, it estimates that it could save you $200 less a year to run a 40 gallon natural gas water heater over a 50 gallon electric model.

My light company offers rebates up to $850 for upgrading to "a higher efficiency HVAC system", plus $2 rebates for compact florescent light purchases. Their program with Energy Star offers for someone to come in and assess what cost-effective home improvements can be made. I'm not sure how, but you could qualify for up to $600 toward making those changes. You can go to Energy Star's site for more details on what's available near you.

These are things I keep meaning to look into more in-depth for myself, but things are so hectic at the moment. I will keep you posted when I do. In the meantime, you should definitely check out what your companies offer. Please let me know what you find out, or if you have any other resources for such incentives.

I do know that there are tax incentives for hybrid owners. Haven't gotten mine yet, I'm sorry to say; but then again, I don't drive a lot.

No comments: