My Goals

To share eco tips &
To discuss changes we can make.


Thursday, August 7, 2008

Shear Genius Goes Green

Bravo's Shear Genius did a "green" challenge this week, where they had to use organic products in their clients hair. Everything from peanut butter and sugar to squid and molasses were offered to the stylists in lieu of using environmentally harmful products, such as hair spray. This was an especially hard challenge for the stylist from Texas, as you can imagine.

The Kitchen Beautician, Robert Hallowell, was on as a guest judge for the challenge. Hallowell has his own natural product line called, prawduct® hair care. I had never heard of him before this, which is no big surprise because it's not like I get stylists quarterly or anything, but he seemed very knowledgeable. I would be interested to hear from anyone who's used his products.

Catch the re-run of this show if you missed it because it was entertaining, as well as informative. I don't use styling products in my hair, but if I did, I would be interested to learn how to use these organic sources as an alternative to the harmful chemicals out today.

No comments: