My Goals

To share eco tips &
To discuss changes we can make.


Monday, June 8, 2009

Shame on you World's Of Fun

We recently went to Kansas City's amusement park, World's Of Fun; and while it was "fun", it was not eco friendly. Far from it, I was actually appalled by the fact that they did not have any recycling receptacles...none. Considering how much bottled water and things that they sale there, it's just ridiculous that they don't do the environmentally responsible thing. Especially since they charge an arm and a leg to get in. I mean, it's not like it would put them out any.


Not only that, but they have a new wooden roller coaster out this year, called the Prowler and it's not even made of sustainable wood. Okay, I'm kidding about that one, but come on World's Of Fun, if nothing else, recycle!

On a different note, but in light of global warming, they could also afford to provide more cover from the suns rays. Having been to several amusement/theme parks, I am very aware of just how little World's Of Fun does provide in terms of comfort comparatively. I mean we saw one fan blowing and it wasn't even in a place where people could stand.

Personally, I'm writing them a letter. If you want to join in, here's their email: wof@worldsoffun.com.

No comments: