My Goals

To share eco tips &
To discuss changes we can make.


Monday, November 23, 2009

Energy Saving Products Fall Short With Packaging

Can Someone explain to me why energy saving products such as GE's CFL light bulbs is packaged in #3 plastics? While some of their products are packaged in cardboard, not all are and I don't understand why. Most curbside recycling programs do not include #3 plastics. If we're honest, most don't search outside their curbside recycling to find areas to recycle other plastics. Some areas don't have it even if you did seek it out.

You can find out more about recycling GE's light bulbs here -AND- you can contact GE about your packaging concerns here. I know I'm going to.

If you've noticed this same problem with other energy saving/Eco products, please feel free to comment.

No comments: