My Goals

To share eco tips &
To discuss changes we can make.


Thursday, December 4, 2008

NASA recycles urine

I watched a show this morning that explained in detail how NASA recycles urine into drinking water to help with the fact that astronauts are so limited in the amount of water they are able to take with them due to the weight. This is something I didn't know was happening; but the woman they spoke with said that we are all capable of doing this, but that we don't because people are either too disgusted or we just don't care I guess.

I, myself, am on the fence. At first hearing it, it does seem very disgusting, but I'm sure that we can get used to anything. I mean we do eat dead animals, fat and all. You'd think that would disgust us and it does some, but I'm not one of them.

Please weigh in if you feel like it. Can you see us going to recycled urine as an ordinary way of life?

No comments: