My Goals

To share eco tips &
To discuss changes we can make.


Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Recycling through charity and trade

I joined a site called Freecycle.org a long time ago. Basically, you can use the site to either list things you want to get rid of or find things you need and it's all FREE!


I haven't used the site in awhile, but I used to get a lot of packing material from people this way. This was useful when I used to sell large items on-line. I have since started selling much smaller items and therefore don't need peanuts and bubblewrap. Those are only a couple of the countless things you can get on the site though.

I recommend taking a look if you have something you want to get rid of or need for that matter. Just remember you can't charge anything. Everything has to be free, hence "Free"cycle.

I know there are probably tons of sites like this, but I can personally say that I have used this site and never had any problems. Just always be careful, as you would with anything of this sort. Don't invite strangers into your home. Usually, you'll want to leave things on your porch, pick up from a porch or meet in a public place, things like that. It's unfortunate that things have to be this way, but they are.

Another site you may want to check out is, Recycling For Charities. I just discovered it myself, but it looks interesting and informative.

Want to donate an old car? I think there are a ton of places that will take them, but I did find this site that looks pretty good.

No comments: