My Goals

To share eco tips &
To discuss changes we can make.


Monday, March 2, 2009

Some new stuff in the craft world for recyclers

For all those knitters out there, please check out this article on how to make your own "Handspun Recycled Newspaper Yarn". I don't know that I would have the patience, but I love the idea.

This little bag (right), made from an old baseball, is definitely not something I've seen before. It just goes to show you what you can do with some old junk and a little imagination.

If you think that's creative, check out these undergarments made from pop cans. Of course, they're only art and not meant for practical uses... obviously. Still, pretty cool.

Here's instructions for a simple tote made from old t-shirts.

Here's instructions on how to crochet a sponge. Supposedly, if you use acrylic yarn, the fibers clean without soap, making it eco friendly and it doesn't leave scratches. The Japanese call this a eco sponge tawashi. Who knew? Well maybe you did, but I didn't.


Thanks to Craftzine.com for the great ideas.