My Goals

To share eco tips &
To discuss changes we can make.


Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Various recycling finds & Laundry Tips

I was posting about AllFreeCrafts.com on my blog, RnR Reviews and I had to mention that they actually have a whole section just for green crafts. Here are a few examples:

Soda Bottle Dome

Recycled Coffee Tin














Recycled Bottle Fish Mobile

They also have nature crafts and gardening sub categories. So be sure to check those out if that interests you. I'm more of an indoors girl so I don't really venture outdoors to get my craft materials.

I also found this article on uses for dryer lint. Even if you're not interested, you still might want to check out this article on lint art. Fine art enthusiasts can go here for an interesting lint exhibit.

I don't know how good of an idea it is though because lint is flammable. So, definitely don't do any children's crafts with lint.

While on the subject of dryer lint, I thought I'd share this article on what to do with used dryer sheets. Here are a couple really interesting ones:

4. Run a sheet over a piece of thread when you're doing sewing tasks. The thread
won't tangle up as easy.

7. Did you purchase some old, musty books at a garage sale or thrift shop? Make them smell good again! Simply place the books in a sealed plastic bag with a used dryer sheet. Allow the bag to sit undisturbed for a day or two, then remove the contents. The musty smell will be gone!

8. Got a problem with mice? Find where they are entering your house and stuff the hole shut with a used sheet. Mice won't chew through the smelly material.

9. Place a used dryer sheet in the bag of your vacuum. Sweep your house, and, once you're done, the air will smell as fresh as your clothes do.

12. Is there a build-up of soap scum on your glass shower door? Simply use an old dryer sheet to eliminate the mess.
Don't want to mess with disposable dryer sheets anymore, here's how you can make reusable dryer sheets.

No comments: