My Goals

To share eco tips &
To discuss changes we can make.


Friday, October 16, 2009

Is Gordon Ramsay Killing The Planet?

Okay, here's the deal, I love Gordon Ramsay. I watch all his shows, Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, The F Word, but there is something about all these shows that kills me. The amount of food wasted on these shows is crazy.

I mean I get that there's a certain level of quality expected from his kitchens. Still, I can't help, but hope that there's some poor families in the back digging into these 3 inch think cuts of prime beef that they throw out consistently because it has been waiting more than a few seconds.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a vegetarian, but animals have died here. What a shame it is that they should be discarded like that, especially when there are so many starving people out there.

Of course, it's not just Gordon Ramsay but I don't see behind the scenes at a lot of restaurants so I have to point out what I see, but it is a general message for all wasteful chefs.

No comments: