My Goals

To share eco tips &
To discuss changes we can make.


Friday, February 29, 2008

Plastics

Right now, I am trying to find out more about where I can recycle certain
plastics not accepted at curbside pick-up or the recycling centers; and why
they’re not accepted in the first place. I will keep you posted on what I find
out.

Well, I found my answer and I’m wishing it were a better one. Turns out that just because there is the recycling “chasing arrows” symbol on plastics, doesn’t mean it’s recyclable. I refer to an article regarding these misconceptions

This article explains the number system on plastics

I’m going to have to really process this information before I can speak on it any further. My initial thoughts, however, are that this is unacceptable. All plastics should not carry the chasing arrow symbol, that we know to be the recycling symbol, if it is not recyclable.

Related articles: More on Plastic

No comments: