My Goals

To share eco tips &
To discuss changes we can make.


Friday, February 29, 2008

Recycling in your area

Recycling is a huge topic, one that I’ll be referring to often. As for the part I play, I recycle everything I can at the curbside for pick-up. Then I collect the rest (glass, foil, styrofoam, etc.) to be dropped off at the recycling center.

You can find out where you can recycle things in your area on earth911.org. Simply put in the items you’re curious about and your zip code and it will give you the closest recycling centers information. If you are in the Kansas City area, contact me and I can definitely help with that.

I also collect recyclables from my family members who I know won’t make the trip themselves.

Right now, I am trying to find out more about where I can recycle certain plastics not accepted at curbside pick-up or the recycling centers; and why they’re not accepted in the first place. I will keep you posted on what I find out.

earth911.org has so much good information on this topic. This is just one of the articles I found helpful: five-tips-for-better-recycling

No comments: