My Goals

To share eco tips &
To discuss changes we can make.


Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Toilet Paper & Paper Towels

Regarding toilet paper, I found this site, Toilet Paper World, that told me more about toilet paper than I ever wanted to know.

However, for a more pointed look at what I was trying to find about, which was the best recycled toilet paper, you should check out this toilet paper review.

If you want to know about environmentally friendly low flow toilets check out this site. They are pricey, but it's kind of neat to see what options are out there.

Of course, the cheaper, old fashioned way is to place a brick or a 1-liter, filled water bottle (you can fill with rain water for instance) in your toilet tank. I have done this and have not noticed a difference in the strength of the flush. This is an easy one people.

As far as paper towels go, I'll admit that I don't love the half sheet paper towels. I do see the pros though. So, if you have to use paper towels, use the half sheets.

Right now, we use cloth napkins and I save any old cloths that can't be salvaged and donated to use as cleaning rags.

No comments: