My Goals

To share eco tips &
To discuss changes we can make.


Sunday, October 4, 2009

Green Halloween

Remember this Halloween to light with Solar lighting, LED lights, or candles. I say that but I have to mention this:

I didn't know if I should put this in Halloween or X-Mas. It is for a Dexter/slasher party but the chandelier is so beautiful it feels weird putting it here. To make it, they used "Repurposed wine glasses dipped in white latex". If you go to the link, they talk more about how it was done. I just love it!

Now, if you're throwing a party, think digital invites.

Of course there's all kinds of great advise about organic candy apples and pumpkins, non toxic face paints, fabric choices and all that. Honestly, I'm not an expert on that type of stuff so I don't like to speak on it. The goal is to get there, but as it is, I'm far from it. So, if you know better than I, please feel free to add tips. I did find this website, Green Halloween. It has some good tips.

One thing that I think I am knowledgeable about is crafts and I have to say I have always preferred homemade costumes. Even if it's a hand me down, most things can easily be altered and jazzed up enough that they become like new.

While on the subject, I did do a post on my other blog, RnR Reviews about fairy wings I saw done on HGTV years ago. I thought these were awesome then and still do. Halloween, Renaissance Festival, school plays or just because, these are easy and use things you probably have already. While she uses store bought wire, I made some with wire hangers and white hose. I can't stand wire hangers for clothes so I had to come up with something for them. They worked great!

No comments: